November 22, 2014

Ala : Peace in Poetry


بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
Dengan menyebut nama Allah Yang Maha Pemurah lagi Maha Penyayang

I'm glad to see Syrian refugee children had receive education in Turkey. The Turkish government is offering a range of educational services to more than 150,000 Syrian refugee children.

Mabruk and Thanks to Mr President RT Erdogan, Ahmet Davutoglu and Turkish people.

Ala Finds Peace in Poetry

13 year-old Ala has been living as a refugee in Turkey for more than a year now. 

Even though she misses her friends and her life back in Syria, she is happy to be able to continue her studies. 

“I am in the 8th grade. My school is so beautiful. Our courses are taught in Turkish and Arabic, and my favourite subjects are Maths and Turkish. I also love the Lebanese poet Khalil Gibran and I read all his poems.” -  She says

13-year-old Ala at the Child Friendly space in the Altınözü refugee camp in Hatay, Turkey. 
Ala loves to paint and read poems by the Lebanese poet Khalil Gibran. 

Ala is originally from Latakia, in western Syria. The youngest of six children, Ala made the harrowing journey to Turkey 16 months ago, along with her parents and three of her siblings. 

“We left our village to escape the bombing. We drove for three hours to get close to the border and once night fell we walked another three hours to cross into Turkey. 

There were many checkpoints along the way. I saw people carrying guns and I was scared. At the end of the third hour we crossed into Turkey where we were met by soldiers.” - Ala says.


The family now lives at the Altınözü refugee camp in Hatay. One of Ala’s brother’s is still deeply traumatized by the war back home.

“If I were president, I would first ensure the security of my people. I would help the children harmed by the conflict. Children living in the camps on the other side of the border - the camps in Syria - are starving. I would help them. What I want for myself is to grow up to be a doctor,” Ala says.

Allahurabbi' May Allah bless and give the strength to get through of all for what happen in syria now.

Hopefully more countries would move forward to helping plight of childrens in syria, gaza dll.

Thank a lot to my comrade Ayberk Yurtsever, Volunteers Unicef in Syria.

'We are the World, We are the Children'

Wallahu'alam.